The last week has been the busiest and most wonderful of my life. Thank you to everyone who tweeted, Facebook’d, emailed, sent pigeons, or otherwise sent their book birthday well wishes. I felt so loved this week. My sister and niece even flew up to SF to help me get everything ready for the party and offer general support. Here’s a little of what happened this week.
Saturday morning, Barry Eva interviewed me on his Books and a Chat blog radio show. He is so easy to talk to and I ended up laughing my way through the talk. You can have a listen here.
After the show, my sister and I went on a mission to find my book at Barnes and Noble where we’d heard it had been shelved early. So here I am next to my book for the first time.
And here I am signing stock for the first time.
And here’s a fun conversation my sister and I had before the actual sighting.
Then Sunday, August 26, I was off to the Palo Alto Litquake at the Oshman Family JCC for a YA Panel discussion on writing, along with some of the YA Muses Katherine Longshore (Gilt), Veronica Rossi (Under the Never Sky), and Talia Vance (Silver, Spies and Prejudice). I had a great time hanging with my pals and signing books. Plus we had dinner with the ultra-supportive Nor Cal bloggers.
On Monday, my mom and oldest brother drove to San Francisco to surprise me and be there for my launch party. Here’s my family chilling at lunch on Tuesday. My mom pretty much ignored us the rest of the day as she read IF I LIE.
And then there was my launch party… It was incredible to walk into the Books Inc at Opera Plaza and immediately see a stand with my books all over it. And then there was this display… Thanks to Maggie at Books Inc. for coordinating the party! And to my sister, brother, niece, mom, and Kari Young who helped transport everything and get it set up (along with the folks at Books Inc.)
This was a great night, and I’m so appreciative. Thanks to everyone who came out to have a good time.
And to recap all the amazing posts that went up this week…
- Simon Pulse posted a video of me talking about the inspiration for IF I LIE.
- The YA Rebels are doing a lie-themed week to support the launch of IF I LIE. Check out the videos that have been posted so far by Gretchen McNeil, our guest Rebel Christina Farley, and yours truly. Plus leave a comment on any of the videos this week (8/27-9/2) for a chance to win a copy of IF I LIE. And Rebel Sarah Nicolas gave me a birthday shout out.
- A Goodreads giveaway has gone live. I’m giving away 5 signed copies of IF I LIE.
- CJ Omololu is giving away a signed copy of IF I LIE. Find out how to enter here.
- Shannon Messenger is holding a giveaway for IF I LIE and other releases out this week. Find out how to enter here.
- I did an interview over at Zone Out Mode.
- The Mod Podge Bookshelf asked me all about the character names in IF I LIE.
- TWIYA gave IF I LIE a shoutout on their New Release Tuesday vlog.
Have you been following the IF I LIE blog tour (hosted by Teen Book Scene)? Here are some of the posts in case you missed them.
Monday, August 20: Nicole at Word For Teens – (Author Interview w/ Music Lyric Answers)
Tuesday, August 21: Heidi Z at YA Bibliophile – (Review)
Wednesday, August 22: Jenny Z at Supernatural Snark – (Character Interview: George)
Thursday, August 23: Amber S at Me, My Shelf and I – (Review)
Friday, August 24: Hannah at Paperback Treasures – (Teenage Garage Sale)
Monday, August 27: Heidi Z at YA Bibliophile – (Video Interview)
Tuesday, August 28: Kari at A Good Addiction – (Character Interview: Quinn)
Wednesday, August 29: Jenny Z at Supernatural Snark – (Review)
Thursday, August 30: Tara G at Hobbitsies – (Character Interview: Jamie)
Still to come:
Friday, August 31: Amber S at Me, My Shelf and I – (Author This or That)
Thanks to Kari for organizing this! For more details.