June is going to be a crazy, insane month, and I am wildly grateful for this. I’m going to be out in the world meeting readers and bloggers. Plus, ARCs of IF I LIE are making their way out into the world, and people are finally reading my book. People I don’t know. Total strangers. And I’m nervous in that way you get right before you make a speech to a big crowd. I even get a little armpitty (my friend coined this term) when I think too much on it. The thing is, I’m so proud of IF I LIE. It’s a book that moved me during the writing and the editing. It’s made me cry a hundred times, and I hope it makes readers think and feel and maybe “ugly cry” as one reviewer has already said.
So to celebrate my baby’s voyage into the world, I’m announcing a contest. A very simple contest.
HOW TO ENTER:
Find me at any event I’m going to be at in June (the list is below), introduce yourself. That’s it. Say hi, and you will get the things.
- Everyone who finds me gets a signed bookplate, bookmark, and a very special pack of tissues in case IF I LIE makes you “ugly cry.”
- AND…drumroll, please…everyone is entered to win (1) one annotated copy of IF I LIE with my commentary in the margins. Think of this like the “behind the scenes” video on a DVD.*
- If you take a picture with me and send it to me via email, Twitter, or Facebook, I’ll include it in a YA Rebels video.
+1 – if you confess a lie you’ve told to protect someone. Or one that someone told to protect you. Bring on the scandal.
[messagebox title=”June Events”]
BEA (New York City, NY)
- Tuesday, 6/5, 10AM – 3PM: Wandering the floor at Javits
- Tuesday, 6/5, 3:00-4:00PM: The Apocalypsie Mix & Mingle, Javits Center Room 1E04: I’m not on the official roster for the event, but I’ll be about for a bit giving away swag.
- Tuesday, 6/5, 6:30-9:30PM: Teen Author Carnival, Jefferson Market Public Library
ALA (Anaheim, CA)
- Saturday, 6/23/12, 8PM: The Great YA Blogger Meetup hosted by STACKED and YA Highway. Degrees Wine & Patio Bar at the Marriott
- Monday, 6/25/12, 5:30-7:30PM : Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing YA Debut Author dinner and speed-dating reception hosted by Deb Caletti at the ALA Annual Conference, Sheraton Plaza Hotel at the Anaheim Resort, Palm West Room, 1855 South Harbor Blvd, Anaheim, CA
What I look like (except my hair is darker):
*Note: This prize will be fulfilled in August.