Back in December I invited book bloggers, writers and book industry people to join me in the Change Write Now challenge. We had an astounding 90+ people sign up. As part of this challenge, players were assigned to teams and each player earned points for the following:
The points categories are (for a total of 100 points each day):
- Eating Healthy –25 points
- Exercising for at least 20 minutes – 25 points
- Sleeping at least 6 hours – 10 points
- Consuming 64 oz of Water – 10 points
- Checking in with your teammates – 10 points
- Adopting One Good Habit – 10 points
- Tossing Out One Bad Habit – 10 points
Now that we are coming up on the end of the first challenge, we took a poll of the current players to find out what they thought. We had an overwhelming response. People said they had more energy – some even during very stressful times. Some saw their health improve exponentially. Others lost weight – for those who made that their goal. And still others changed some big habits like giving up cigarettes. Overwhelmingly, the players found that being part of a team made a huge difference. Whenever they felt like blowing off exercise or eating unhealthy, they remembered that their team was counting on them.
So, we are doing the challenge again.
What You Need to Know:
1. To learn more about how the challenge works, please visit our rules and guidelines.
2. Understand that the challenge requires a big commitment, and your team will come to depend on you. Be ready to take this seriously.
3. Signups will be open through Friday, March 9.
4. Round 2 of the challenge will begin on Sunday, March 11.
Check out what the other Bookanistas are saying!
Christine Fonseca interviews author L.K. Gardner-Griffie
Carolina Valdez Miller adores UNDER THE NEVER SKY – with giveaway
Jen Hayley has a passion for PARTIALS
Debra Driza falls for THE FAULT IN OUR STARS
Jessica Love shares some TIME BETWEEN US cover talk
Tracy Banghart jumps for CATCHING JORDAN
Stasia Ward Kehoe contemplates middle grade series
LiLa Roecker are is enthralled with THE NIGHT CIRCUS